Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday, Day 6

I do a lot of sitting, checking emails, text messages, facebook messages, and mostly, watching Daniel sleep his tired body away. We are on day 6 of chemo. One more day to go. Do you know how hard it is to watch the father of your children be hooked up to chemo, 24 hours a day? It is pretty dang tough. I try really hard to be strong, and I think that I am being pretty successful, so far. Atleast, in front of Daniel. It is tough to sit in room 6937 all day long. When I leave, all that I can think about is Daniel, if he might be hungry, is he sick, does he need fresh water, has he walked... etc. Today I walked for about an hour by myself, trying to clear my mind. It just doesn't happen. The other purpose of my walk, was to find a health food store that several people have raved about. I didn't find it. I love health food stores. However, I found a great little bagel place- with some awesome unsweet tea. Bagel for lunch and a phone call to my best friend, helped out a whole lot!

Daniel, he is doing great with the chemo treatment. Besides the stomach problems, he is doing pretty darn good. He is pretty functional, except between the times of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. He is ready to knock this week out. His main doctor made rounds this morning and told us that his blood work is where it needs to be with the treatment. Of course, the bone marrow test next week will give us a better idea where we stand. He also stated that the next 2 weeks are very critical to him. He will be prone to fevers, mouth sores and infections. So,
as much as I dread saying this, we hope to keep the visitors to a bare minimum. If you have
intentions of visiting, please let us know, so that we can assess the situation. There may be situations where visitors will not be allowed to enter the room. Of course, I am always up for a visit or two. Visits may have to occur in the family room or somewhere else. I hope that this does not upset anyone. Please understand. The less complications that we have, the sooner Daniel's immune system will improve

Tommorrow, Ashlynn will be venturing up her with the school for a field trip to the Zoo. I wlll be joining them. Afterwards, I am bringing her by the hospital to visit her Daddy. Guess what? Ashlynn and I are headed home afterwards. I am a little nervous. Nervous to leave Daniel, nervous to have all 3 kids by myself, in an empty house, nervous to sleep in my bed without my husband there, and nervous about being able to stay strong! I know that it is a much needed trip, both for my sanity, and the need for my children to have their mommy close by.

Oh yeah, I have been notified that there is a Fish Fry (benefit type thing) for our sweet family at Pleasentview General Baptist Church in Risco, begining at 4:30 p.m. on Friday May 13. I am so astonished and moved by the support that so many individuals have shown for my family. I really am. I plan on being in attendance with my children. I can't wait to see everyone! I hear that it is supposed to be a well attended event! Since I am travelling home for the weekend, there may not be many blog updates, if any at all. I plan on devoting every single ounce of my time to rocking my sweet Mia, playing dress-up, painting fingernails, and taking care of some household things. There should not be much change in Daniel. If there is, there may be a short post. I plan on returning Sunday afternoon. Until then, please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Kristin thank you so much for sharing your life as you and Daniel go through this journey.Please,stay as strong as can and know that we are here for you in thoughts and prayers.Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a juice and smoothie place when we were in STL yesterday. And crazy thing is, there is one right in Central West End...where the hospital/Siteman is! How there was a juice place sooooo close to my stomping grounds and I have not known about it for the last two years is beyond me. But in case you're interested, here's the info:
    OR Juice and Smoothie
    3 N Euclid Ave
    Saint Louis, MO 63108
    Tel: (314) 367-8883
    I got the best juice there yesterday, and they had some major-yum looking smoothies. They had a selection of health food products as well as a food menu. Sounds like you may want to check it out sometime;-)
    Thinking about you and your family constantly! Praying for healing for Daniel and for God's strength to pour our over all of you. Have a good weekend with your girls!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete