Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Girl...


This girl... seriously, made me so proud today. I still am in disbelief that she is now a 1st grader! It just doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem right, that I attended her Kindergarten Graduation by myself (well with out Daniel). One year ago, he was able to attend her preschool graduation- but, it still isn't the same. I made it through... no tears! It was a a really cute program, and I want to give a special thanks to Mrs. Staffey for taking such good care of this little girl. She has had a pretty tough year- with the addition of her baby sister Mia and her daddy's sickness. Even with all of the adjustments- she still managed to EXCEL! This girl- she must get her "brain's" from her Daddy. She has it going on! Ask anyone, and they will tell you the same thing!

Short trip home. It was a good thing that dinner was taken care of by someone else. I don't think that I would of had the energy to fix a meal, or, actually plan one. Breakfast- pop-tarts baby! I know, not what I would normally feed my children- but it works. Right? The truth is, when I am at home, my kids pretty much get wahtever they want. I am mainly talking about food and clothing options. I hope that explains the wardrobe that Avery has been sporting. Today, she wore a Mizzou cheerleading uniform to graduation  and hot pink flip-flops. I really do not feel like putting up a fight with her. She is pretty stubborn.

Yesterday, we learned that Daniel's sister, Erin was not a perfect match for Daniel's bone marrow transplant. I got the phone call on my way home. I delivered  the news to Daniel, and he took it rather well. Today, we learned that Daniel had several "potential" matches. About an hour after that, we learned that there were several matches that seemed to be very good. So, they are looking in to the matches and will conduct further tests, to determine the best match. Of course, the transplant is still a little ways out- more like July! So, we are moving on. Bone marrow test went great. The doctor gave him so much pain medication that he did not feel it- Yeah!! Reinforcements arrived last night and today. Many thanks to Jessica and Brian for sitting with Daniel while I was gone. It sure makes me feel better to know that he was not by himself. Especially during the biopsy. Daniel is doing really good today. Looks good and still hanging on to the hair!

Tomorrow night, the girls arrive. I know that he is very excited to see their little faces. It has almost been 2 weeks! Long-time coming! It will cheer him up a bit. Not that he isn't cheerful, because this man, has the spirit. Some things have got to him- especially, when it comes to the girls. It is understandabe. I am so proud of him! I hear that the hall is wanting a walker...XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to attend Avery's Kindergarten graduation. That was good for both of you, even if it was hard for you to leave Daniel. The girls arriving tomorrow will cheer both of you up. I am sorry to hear Erin is not a perfect match as a bone marrow donor. The friend I mentioned to you and Daniel in an e-mail, if it got to you, had the bone marrow transplant today. In all of the discussion about his, it seems there was something about an age requirement. Is there a cut off age at which you can no longer be a donor? If there isn't and the others don't work out there are many of us who would be willing to be tested. We love Daniel and his family.

    Enjoy the time with Daniel and your girls. Please give Toni my love when you talk to her.

    Janie McLeod

    ReplyDelete