Thursday, May 26, 2011

Looking back...

Looking Back:

I have always looked at our children, and tried to figure out who they looked like, wether their personalities were more like me, or their daddy. There is no denying this... they all 3 have my eyes, but the truth is, more and more, I realize how much they look like their daddy, and act like their daddy. Ashlynn, has the heart of her daddy, Avery- she has the wit of her daddy, and Mia, she has the curiosity that her daddy has.

I remember when St. Louis scared me- that is driving in the city. Now, I am figuring my way around- not hardly nervous a bit.

I remember when Daniel snored at night, I would kick him, slap him, anything to get him to stop. Because, I wasn't sleeping at night. Now, I lay in the cot, doing everything that I can to get to sleep. Watching him breathe, not even snoring. Me, still not sleeping because, want to listen for anything that he may need, and help him be comfortable, whatever way that maight be.

I remember when people that Daniel dealt with day-to-day, were merely just names to me. He always talks about these people- who, before now, I wouldn't be able to connect a face with a name. Now, I see faces, and these people, are amazing, and they have hearts. He has so many people that he calls friends- and y'all are amazing.

It's funny, because I look back to how I always thought that my life was perfect. That I was never going to experience anything unthinkable. That, when people talked about situations that their family endured (bad situations), that was never going to be me. Reality is, no one's life is planned. No matter how charmed we think that our life is... it isn't. Everyone has little speed bumps in their life. So, today, I am trying to figure out our future. And, it is hard.

Daniel- he is treading water. The physician says to be patient. It too, is hard. We are beginning to see people that arrived around the same time frame as him- go home. Hopefully, our turn, will be soon. He is doing really good. Eating 3 meals a day, maintaining weight, and doing what he is supposed to be doing. His liver enzymes are a little elevated, so the dr. has put some of his medications on hold. One of which, controls that "philadelphia gene" issue that he has. Hoepfully, he will be able to put him back on that med real soon! The physician that is attending to him this week mentioned to us that the cancer that he has relapses more often than others. So, until he recieves the bone marrow transplant, there is still a chance that it can relapse. If everything falls in to place, they are hoping to perform the transplant in July.

On a another note, I want to thank each and everyone of you for following our journey. It means so much to Daniel (us), to know that he is not fighting this alone. Knowing that he is not alone, makes it easier. Thank you. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Daniel is truly a special man. You are so blessed to call him your husband & mate. Today's writing I felt right along with you. Glad that you are sharing. I too agree that God puts people in our path of life & us in theirs for a reason. Friends are truly amazing to us what a blessing to call them friends. We are still praying daily for y'all. Hold on to God 's promises.

    Vicky Raymond

    ReplyDelete