Friday, May 6, 2011

Continued....

Daniel was supposed to start his chemo at around 9 p.m. Last night. Around 8 p.m., the doctor walked in and delivered more news. Daniel's final diagnoses is Acute biphenotipic Leukemia. Daniel's cancer is both ALL and AML. This hospital only sees about 5 patients per year with this diagnosis. It is very rare. More heartbreaking news! Treatment protocols are basically the same, except that there are different meds involved. They tell us that the meds are less straining on his system. It is still very important that he go into remission and immediately have the bone marrow transplant. I'm not reading anything about this cancer, because, frankly, I don't want to know. It is around 3 a.m. And Daniel is sleeping good. I'm not. He has spiked a fever. We did get to start chemo around 10 p.m. Last night. Back to the fever, the nurse will be back in in a half an hour to re-check it. If it is still high, then blood samples will be drawn. I'm so sick right now, my heart is aching, my friends. Please, i am begging you, keep Daniel in your prayers!

5 comments:

  1. Kristin, you don't know me personally, but I taught 17 years and Risco and 8 years at Gideon. I am Micah Breece's mom. I have heard alot about your beautiful girls from Erin. I'm not sure why I'm up at this hour but haven't been to sleep tonight. Maybe God needed me to be a prayer warrior for Daniel and I will be. Just wanted to let you know that my heart breaks for all of you. I h have children 35, 29, 24, and 20, can't imagine what all of you must be going through. My prayers are with each and everyone of you, but especially for Daniel. He is such a wonderful example of a fine husband, father, and son! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your Sweet Family!!! If you need folks to go get checked to see if they can match Daniels Bone Marrow, count me in!!! My Heart aches for you, praying for you too!! Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know how special the entire family is to me. Keeping all of you in my constant thoughts & prayers. Just know in these dark days that God is with you. Love you Daniel.
    Laveice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,I have No words to express what I feel in my heart for your family..Just know this..You and your family are in mine and most of Southeast Missouri's hearts,thoughts and most of all prayers,We love you all so much..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel and Kristen,,,Like Kathy,,,I don't think I have or know the words to explain to either the heartbreak I feel for all of you. Please know that you are constantly on my mind each and every hour that passes. I am constantly, every minute, of every hour, of every day praying for all of you. The prayers of everyone that I know are with Daniel and you AND your sweet girls. I love them like they are my own. Today at school (Bernie) all of the teachers were talking about your blog and praying for Daniel. I want you to know that the churches here in Bernie have all of you on their prayers requests. I wish with all my heart that I could take all of this away and let it be a bad dream, but, only One can do that and I KNOW in time He will. I love you dearly and especially Daniel,,Oh my, how I love him. I have to stop now,,I will write to you again. I hope Daniel reads about all the love he has from everyone and how he has touched so many many lives. He is so very special....

    ReplyDelete