Friday, May 20, 2011

Transparent

Webster's dictionary defines transparent as: having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen. My friends, today, I feel transparent. I don't know any other way to explain it. I'm not quite sure what I would do without my sister-in-law Erin and my brother-in-law Jarrod. And, I'm not sure that I want to find out.

Daniel: is becoming incredibly thin (I think that we are 19 lbs lighter). I do not think that I have ever seen him this thin. He says that he was in college, I don't believe him. I hope that the next few weeks allow for some weight gain. He is starting to lose his hair, not ready to shave it, just yet. Maybe, it is just thinning, and not completely going to fall out. Appetite is okay, could be better, has had knee pain most of the day, still trying to be as strong as a rock, and he is doing a great job at it! I wish that Daniel would blog- never going to get him to do that! HA! I wish that he would let y'all in his world, tell you his side of the story. I would be interested to know that! I am sure that you guys would too. I really wish that I could give you his insight, but I can't. I honestly wish that we all could get a lot more out of him, but that is just, how he is! I on the other hand, am trying to lay it all out. Which, I must say, is not usually the way that I do things.

The girls are in town for a visit. They came by for a little while, tonight. My niece and nephew are here too. Those 5 smiling faces, sure made Daniel happy. How could 5 rowdy, full of energy, little individuals not make you happy. Mia, is 20 lbs strong, Ashlynn, looks like she has grown a foot, and Avery, she said "Daddy, me not want you to get sick again". What do you say to that?

The kids are here for the weekend, so I most likely, will be devoting my time and energy to them. I hear that there is a swimming pool that is begging to have some swimmers! The doctor made rounds this morning anf informed us that, if the bone marrow results are positive, then we could possibly be going home in 1.5 weeks. I don't want to rush things, but, I know how much Daniel wants to be in his own home, in his own bed, eating real food, and most of all, being with his children. This weekend, we will be doing a lot of waiting. I know that several people have been inquiring about having a bone marrow test performed- to check for a possible match for Daniel. I have not gotten all of my information together- but, I promise I will work on it (hopefully tomorrow). It isn't that complicated, but I want to make sure that I have the most accurate info. Until next time... XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Kristen,,,I know that you and I talked about "words" the other day. Today, I am at a loss for words. Just please know that I read every single blog as others do, and please know that you and Daniel are constantly on my mind and that I love you both so very much. I pray for both of you and your whole family everytime I think about what is happening now. Right now I'm just at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Erin and Jarrod brought the kids up. That was the best medicine for both of you this weekend. Praying for positive results on the bone marrow test.Please tell Erin and Jarrod hello for me and to have a safe trip home with the five precious children. Hope you will be back in your own home soon. There are many waiting to pamper you!
    Janie McLeod

    ReplyDelete