Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

From as far back as i remember, I wanted nothing more than to be a wife and have lots of children. I'm every bit serious. I dreamed of pushing a stroller in the park and having a tree house full of children of my own. Ask any of my friends and they would tell you that it is so true! I look at all three of my children and i am so prud to be their mommy.

Ashlynn, she is brilliant, beautiful and the red head that i always dreamed of. Most people would cringe at the thought of red hair, but I dreamed of having at least one red headed baby! Sensitive, she is. She is my helper. She is an excellent momma to her baby dolls, stuffed animals, and real animals. Anyone that personally knows her, knows how true that statement is. She is genuine. The best thing about her- she made me a momma!

Avery.This kid is seriously, the funniest child i know. She, too, is beautiful. She has a heart of gold. Sure, she is fiesty at times. She is definitely the middle child. She loves the color purple, and clothes that don't match. Sometimes, she will let me fix her hair. But most of the time, she wants to fix her hair herself. WIT- That girl has it. Most of the time, compromise works best with Avery. She has 5 Boyfriends. If you ask her who her favorite one is- she will tell you her daddy.

Mia. She turned 8 months old yesterday. She is pulling up and getting teeth in like crazy. I think that she might be our most stubborn one! Are still getting to know her. I think that she may be a little shy. Her blue eyes- I could just gaze at them all day long. She is our final child! She will always be the baby.

This mothers day has been wonderful, given the situation that we have been put in. My sister-in- law and brother-in-law brought all 3 children up! We saw them Friday night, had a little trip to the zoo yesterday, and mia left early this morning. Ashlynn went to the cardinals ball game with my nephew and brother-in- law, and I spent most of the day with Avery all by herself. It was nice. They have all gone back home and it saddens me greatly. My sister- in-law, she is the glue for my family right now. She is keeping us together. So much thanks to her. She is a phenomenal mother, and my children think pretty highly of her. It makes it easier to know that my children are in good hands. My mother was here too. It was nice to get to enjoy the day with her too. She has been a huge help with the caring and nurturing of our children since this process began.

As for Daniel, well we have almost completed day 4 of chemo. 3 more to go. It is a waiting game. He is doing fairly good. He sleeps most of the day, and is pretty sick to his stomach most of the day. I am trying to get to eat, but Nothing tastes good and the aromas of most foods make him want to vomit. Temperature is still down. He really doesn't say much, at all. I know that he feels horrible. Complaining- well that isn't his nature! I am pushing him!

I feel like a pretty crummy mother right now. I know that my children need me. I also know that Daniel needs me. He needs help with getting nourishment, he needs help getting bathed (his toiletries together), he needs his bed sheets changed, and a whole list of other things. I know his mom and dad are very willing to help, but, I think that he is more comfortable with me taking care of it all. Let me tell you hit best thing about Daniel, he is the best husband you could ever ask for! He has made my dream come true- he made me a wife and we made those 3 beautiful girls together!

When i was talking to my executive director, Karen, last week, she told me that taking care of the girls' daddy, is being the best mother that is part of being one of the best mothers that i can be right now. I am trying to hang on to that thought. She is a brilliant woman herself! I have learned so many life skills and parenting skills from her!

The whole group of women and men that i work with are seriously, the best that one could ever dream of working with. They are a great group of individuals. These people, believe in you, push you to be your best, and most importantly, let you know how special you are!

So,on this mothers day, i want to wish each and every one of the many mothers out there- the best mothers day. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for all of the kindness, and generosity that you all of shown to my family in the last week. Please keep the Presley family in you prayers, as we continue alone this journey. Xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Kristin-
    Glad to hear that you had a great visit with those beautiful baby girls!!! Prayers are being sent up for you and your family during this trying time.... I want to wish you a Very Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,,,I always wait anxiously for your comments. I don't know how you do this, you are surely one of the strongest people I know right now. I love reading every word of yours. I'm so happy that you got to be with Ash, Avery, and Mia, today. I was worried that they wouldn't get to go to the zoo because we had rain down here and I was afraid you might have rain up there. I called Erin and she said her and Jarrod and the kids would get in sometime this evening. I sent Daniel an e-mail through the hospital yesterday but he won't get it until tomorrow. It was hard to do,,I didn't know what to say,,but, as I wrote, it became longer and longer so I finally stopped. You take care of YOU,,and then Daniel,,I put you first because he needs YOU. You both are so amazing and I love each of you very much. Prayers are going up everywhere down here,,people you don't even know are praying and putting both of you on their prayer requests at many different churches. God hears ALL of them and He will take care of you both. Love you so much,,,Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin,We love you and more special prayers were said today for you and your family.I talked to Angie J today and she gave me and update.I am praying everyday that God wraps his loving arms around,YOU,Daniel,Your little girls,Toni,Donnie,Your Mom and Erin and carries you through this journey.Love you all, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, Rick (your neighbor down the road) here. I mentioned to Toni thru txt msg. that if anyone needs a quick trip to St. Louis and back to let me know and I'll try and find a plane to get it done. Continuing to PRAY!!!

    ReplyDelete