Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Technology = Awesome

I am getting to know this hospital pretty good. I am getting to know the employees, and what I would call, "the residents" here. Sounds kind of bad, but, alot of the people on the sixth floor, have either been here a while, or will be here a while. I am so amused by these people. I have been mingeling with many of these folks- imaging that? I thoroughly enjoy getting to know people. The residents here, have offered their knowledge. I am the newby around here. Most of these folks- they know the ropes. They are interesting. They gossip- man, do they gossip. So funny. I find laughter in these people. I am not laughing at them, by any means. There is the man that I call "Cowboy". He, walks around this hall, like it is no-one's business. He wears a cowboy hat, black suit jacket, and nike shorts. Cracks me up. You know what- he is happy! Then there is Negative Nancy (that it what I call her). She, like many of the other people here, have no family that stays with them, let alone, visits them. I feel for these people! Anyway, back to Negative Nancy.She has told me that Vince (????), gives the best bone marrow biopsy. I find it a little ironic to think that any bone marrow biopsy could be good. Apparently, the chicks around here do not know what they are doing. That too, is according to Nancy. Today, I was walking back from dinner with some of those "soul sistahs" that I was telling you about. You know, the ones that know how to "bring it", in times of need. Nancy, asked me if I smoked cigarettes. Anyone who knows me, knows that, I am the last person to ask about cigarettes! I kindly told her no, and that I was sorry. She yelled, "I need a cigarette". I walked past her, in a hurry. I served Daniel his supper and called my mom, down in the family room, at the end of the hall. As I was in there, Nancy came down and sat beside me. After I did not abruptly end my conversation, she got up, rearranged the room and went to the snack machine. All of the sudden, I hear "You have got to be sh***-n me". (I hope that I didn't offend anyone). The machine had taken her money and she didn't recieve her cheetos. You could tell that she was pretty upset. This lady means business. I was so concerned. So, for the coming days, I have two goals: 1. Learn these people's real names, and 2. Share our abundance of snacks. Maybe, it might bring some cheer to their lives.

Technology- I consider myself to be a pretty technological savvy person. Not a genious, but I can usually figure it out. I have heard so much about Skype, but never done it. My friends, skype= AWESOME! We got to skype with our children today. You see, the last few good night calls have been pretty tough on our children, and us. Lots of crying involved. My awesome sister in law, proposed that we communicate after school and day care. She thought that may the transition may be easier on the girls. We love it! They love it! Thank you to the creators of Skype! And, Microsoft, for purchasing it!

Today, started out not so well for Daniel. At 3 a.m., I woke up to him vomiting, which caused a nose bleed that wouldn't cease, which inevitably, ended up to a platelet transfusuion. By 1:00 p.m., we were doing much better. Daniel has slept a lot today, and that is okay. He ate dinner pretty good. He also recieved 2 bags of  red blood cells- another normal thing. He is still infection- free. I look at him, and he doesn't look like the other people on this floor. He amazes me each and every day. No complaints. I look at him, and can not believe that he is on chemo. You really can't tell! I have always heard so many horror stories. I am so proud that he chose me, to be his wife! Oh yeah, He says that he is going to get up and walk when I finish this. Maybe, I should hurry?

Okay, I think that I have written enough for the night. I know that there is not much change. We are still waiting. We are doing a whole lot of that right now! I want to let you know that Erin (my sister-in-law), has recieved information from the bone marrow registry. Her sample should be completed this week. Results, should take 2-3 weeks. Please pray for a good outcome. Good night! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Kristin,I love you and Daniel and I am so glad that you are having several good memories being made on this long journey.Daniel is so lucky to have you as his loving wife and you are equally lucky to have Dan the Man as your husband.Stay strong.Prayers are going up for you two all over the country and I know God is listening.Love you and hold on to the good times they will help the bad times go a little easier.

    ReplyDelete