Monday, May 9, 2011

Soul Sistahs!

Last night, I had two of my close friends visit Daniel and I. I was the first one out of what you would call my "main group" of friends to get married and start a family. Daniel and i met in college. He lived in cape girardeau Missouri during the school year, and i lived in Advance (my home town), with my mother. See most of you don't know this, but, I'm really a Texas girl- born and raises for 15 Years. League city Texas is my real hometown. Back to my story.... When I moved to advance, my freshman year in high school, i never really fit in with my graduating class. They had already established friendships of their own.the first real friend that i had would soon introduce me to her sister- Stephanie, whom I would consider my best friend, she is amazing! Her family, is seriously, my 2nd family. We celebrate many holidays together. Her brother and sisters and their family, well, they might as well be my siblings. I see stephanie and her boys more than I see any other people from my hometown. I also have, another group of friends, and these gals, know who they are. Although, we may not get together often, we still have that connection! We all pretty much have families of our own these days, and we are situated throughout all of southeast Missouri. One thing about these girls- they know how to bring it! I had a nice visit with 2 of them last night and today. It was so nice! We reminisced about the good ole' days, our families, and other girlie stuff. Stephanie came for a visit today. I appreciate all of the smiles that were brought to my face- I need them. There is nothing like love from your your best gal friends.

When Daniel and i got married, i had never lived away from "home". Daniel had moved us to, what I thought at the time was a "barely there" town in the southern most part of the state called Risco, Missouri. I was so lost. Daniel worked all of the time, at the very beginning, I commuted 90 minutes to work, and 90 minutes home from work. I thought about going back home so many times, because, I didn't know any one and had not one friend. You know what? Love is what kept me there. There was so much love in our house, and there still is. Now back to that little town of Risco, I wouldn't trade living there for anything, even before any of this stuff happened. The outpouring of love for my family from this town is absolutely
unbelievable.

To the part that most of you are wondering about: Daniel. Today, he is coming around! His appetite, it's coming around. No vomiting, fever, anything like that. I have been soaking up
every single ray of his energy. 3 more days of chemo. No more weight loss. Today, he walked 15 laps. 13 equal a mile. Much better than the 0-4 we have been doing. Today, I consider a success.

I want you to know that we received about 75 emails today! Keep those coming! We love mail. We area doing a lot of waiting, a lot of of sitting, a lot of thinking, and a whole lot of praying. I ask for strength and wisdom. I also give a lot of thanks, because we have a whole lot of things to be thankful for- right? I am also trying to remember that when things seem really far out of reach, You have to reach really far for them. Good night, my friends. XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Kristen, I have been following your blogs since you started. You may not remember me, but my daughter Morgan is in the same class as Jarrett and we have been to all his birthday parties. Anyway, I have to say that u are one strong lady to do what you are doing with this blog. Daniel is a very lucky man. Please tell him that we are thinking of him everyday as well as praying. When Wayne and I lay down to bed at night I pull up your blog on my phone and read the updates. I am so glad that he had a much better day and I hope each day gets better for both of you. Stay strong and have faith. Daniel will get through this. Lots of love to you all my friend.

    Deanna, Wayne and Morgan Earnheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, so glad to hear you all had a good day. Thank you so much for posting and letting us in your world. I think we all anxiously wait for the good days. I know they will get better! Just know we are praying and continually lift your entire family up! God bless you all! Steve & Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen,,,again,,I eagerly await your blogs. They are all so good and uplifting to all of us. Sometimes I think that instead of us lifting you up,,,you are lifting us up by writing about your thoughts, feeling, and especially about Daniel. I'm so happy he had a good day. Erin told me about it when I called her. She also said the girls are doing great and so are her and Jarrod. I told her I am here any time of day, night, evening, ANYTIME she needs me for any kind of help. You are so right about Risco. It's like one big family,,brothers and sisters, alike. When something happens EVERYONE joins together to take care of their "family". I'll never forget living there with all those wonderful people. I can go to bed now and have a good sleep knowing that God is answering prayers. He will keep on answering them, too. Tell Daniel I'll send another e-mail tomorrow. Love you BOTH! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, I am so thankful that God is answering our prayers. I pray he continues to get better and stronger every day. You our a wonderful mother and wife. Daniel is blessed to have someone as strong as you are and to stand by him through this. Please let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. I read your blog every morning. Thank you for keeping us updated. Stay strong and know that God is good! Love you guys, Ashlee "Birmingham"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel it was good to hear you had a good day yesterday. i know there will be good ones & bad ones, but being the fighter that you are hope the good are more than the bad. Hang in there sweetie & before you know it this will all be like a bad dream. Love to All!! Laveice

    ReplyDelete