Sunday, July 31, 2011

{A Update... Well, Kind Of}

There are a lot of people who have been waiting on news on Daniel. I have ignored phone calls, texts... I am sorry. The girls were in town- please understand. Since I last wrote, I can tell you this: Daniel's last bone marrow biopsy came back "clean"- which basically means that there was no sign of cancer, this chemo treatment- began good, has turned out vicious, he has a fever, which means- infection of some sort, he is incredibly tired, had no energy for our children, and hasn't eaten anything brag worthy since Friday. 

I wish that things were better for him! I keep telling myself that in the end- this will all be worth it! We are starting to learn more about the process of his transplant. I am going to share more about it- because, I am sure, you want to know. Daniel's donor, will complete his donation on Wednesday. There will be a courier assigned to his blood. The hospital will be given two flight times- in case it doesn't make the first flight. Once in St. Louis, the lab at the hospital will administer final testing. His nurse that night, will be given a 30 minute notice. Most likely, the transplant will occur in the evening. Daniel, probably, will sleep through it (due to the drugs administered before and during then procedure). The transplant, will only take 30 minutes- 1 hour. Crazy! Daniel will feel pretty well that evening, and the next day. After that, he will most likely be pretty ill (they compare it to having the flu?). I have never had the flu... So, I have nothing to base it on!  Interesting facts about his transplant: his blood type will change, if his donor is a different type, his eye color could change ( to the same as his donor), and he will most likely, develop some or all of the allergies that his donor inhibits. most people, celebrate transplant day, much like a 2nd birthday- complete with cake and ice cream and party goodies. Because, it really is like having another birthday! Daniel will have new blood, and will become his donor- to some extent. I am still trying to figure out if we will celebrate this year. Daniel isn't crazy about celebrating anything about himself? What do you think?

I am so glad the girls came up for the weekend. They relieved some of the stress. Lately, I do a lot of thinking, a lot of staring a lot of walking around in a daze. When you are at the hospital, it is pretty easy. I hope that the brutal chemo treatments, the weight loss, the 3 months of Daniel not feeling like himself (feeling incredibly ill and tired most days), the bone marrow transplant... The 70 days in the hospital (approximate), the month living in St. Louis, I hope that it is all worth it! The worry the stress, the complete chaos of it all (when you have 3 very young children- it is so incredibly hard), I hope that it is all worth it! Sometimes, I hate to tell you all how it really is, because, I know that he reads most of my blogs. Of course, when I am not around! But, he is so strong, so positive, and to tell you that I have moments, where I fall a part, I feel so stupid. I am  usually the one who rises to the occasion, the one who is ready for a challenge, and today, I feel somewhat, like a victim! I'm sorry, because, I am most definitely, not the victim.

I wish that I could upload pictures from my iPad! If there is a way, I can't figure it out. If any of you techies, know, please feel free to inform me. When I get home, I seriously, lack the time to upload anything! Look for an update on transplant day! I am headed home for one day- I have a pesky dentist appointment. I will be back Tuesday, for an indefinite amount of time. It all depends on the situation. Until next time... XOXO Kristin 

No comments:

Post a Comment