Friday, July 1, 2011

So, how am I spending my days at the hospital? I live with my iPad, complete my summer class assignments (did I tell you I am a full time student,again?), search the Internet, endlessly, and spend almost every ounce of my time, with Daniel. But, today... I ventured out past the normal eating establishments, past the galleria, past Target (I could spend hours there)... I went to the Soulard Farmers Market- best evah- promise. I absolutely loved that place. Fresh veggies, fruits, gelato, one of a kind spices, rugs, jewelry, dreamcatchers, lobster, fish, kielbasa, cheese, rabbit, bison, pets ... Point is- that place, had everything. love at first sight. If you are ever in St. Louis, on Wednesday- Saturday, you need to check it out! It is downtown by the Arch, stadium, etc. Okay, so maybe not all people find excitement in farmer's markets, but seriously, I do. My purchase: purple potatoes (high in antioxidants, you can't find them where we live), home-ade pierogies, and a whole lot of spices! I will be going back real soon. Another great find of the day- Time For Dinner(thank you Jessica). Let me tell you about this place. It is locally owned by 4 ladies, and it is awesome. You plan a time to go in, you check their menu, pay for what entree's you want, you prepare it with their instructions and materials, stick the name and directions of the entree on the package, and you take it home! Stick it in your freezer and cook it when you feel like it. Everyday ingredients, SIMPLE? Women, friends, husband and wives, boyfriend and girlfriends, families, anyone, can do this- together! The best thing... They provide all of the nutritional information with the packaging. If you aren't in St.Louis, you can even have them send you the entrees. Seriously, check it out www.timefordinner.com. I am hooked! Those sweet ladies, are holding my food until tomorrow, because, I don't have access to a freezer. So sweet, of them! 

Daniel received some of the best news! Today, Emily, his Nurse Coordinator, called to inform him that the preferred donor- the 32 year old, male, international, donor, has agreed to provide his bone marrow to Daniel! We are so very happy, excited, humbled... Can you believe it? This gentleman has agreed to provide his blood by actually removing it from his bone marrow. This is much like the bone marrow biopsies that Daniel receives. I have heard that they are quite painful! We have no idea why this route was chosen by him. Most of the time, these donations are acquired via a simple blood donation, much like giving blood at a blood drive. From our understanding, with this route of donation, Daniel will have less of a chance of developing Graft Versus Host Disease, a disease that is very common in transplants. So, why this man is choosing to be so generous, we have no idea. But, are we ever grateful! Daniel will be readmitted to the hospital on July 19, to begin his 3rd and final chemotherapy treatment. On July 27, he will receive his transplant. He will most likely be in the hospital for 30 days (give or take a little), and will live in close proximity to the hospital for 30 days, or so, after the transplant! 

I am trying to revamp this blog, make it prettier... It is quite hard from the iPad. When we get home, I will work on it. Anyway, anyone want to guess how many times that this little blog has  been viewed? 29,213 times!!!! Not just from US residents, but 7 other countries. Amazing huh? I can guarantee that there are other nationalities, praying for that amazing husband of mine! It feels so good. As we head home in the morning, we are so grateful for all of the prayers and support that our entire family has received. Please continue to keep him in your prayers...  look at how glorious they have been!  Our God, is so good!XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment