Sunday, July 17, 2011

In the Presley House...

In the Presley house, we do a lot of things: we do family, we do "I Love You", we do hugs and kisses, we do grace, we do "I'm sorry", we do please and thank you, we do love, we do supper time at the table, we do mistakes, we do faith, and we do life. I am positive that most households are very much the same. one thing that I have always said is that I want my girls to grow up, become respectable individuals, responsible adults, and always, do what the "right" thing is. Yesterday, I was tested. The girls and I decided that we would do a little shopping. I know that most salespeople see me walking in and think... "that lady needs one more". Yeah, we have all said about someone before! Anyway, into the boutique we went. Wouldn't you know, Avery would make things complicated! Avery decided that she would shoplift a rubber bracelet. We got out to the car, I was buckling her into her booster seat and I noticed that she had one extra ankle bracelet- one that wasn't ours. So, I took her back into the store and made her forfeit it, tell them how very sorry I was, and stumble out, embarrassed. The bracelet was hot pink and said "brewsky babe". In the Presley house... we do second chances!

We are counting down the days until Daniel is readmitted into the hospital. We are trying to live them to the fullest. Friday, after receiving blood, Daniel spiked a fever. Sometimes, he spikes fevers after receiving blood. This fever, it has decided to stick around. Fevers are never good- with Daniel!  The physician on call had order him a prescription, but the fever, is still here. Looks like we will either be visiting the doctor in the morning, or making a trip to St. Louis to be admitted early!  I will admit, as the day draws nearer to transplant day, I am getting more anxious, nervous, worried... You name it. We have already had our world flipped upside down!   I have finally gotten the kids back to somewhat-normal, and now, it's time to go back to a life of craziness! I have said this many times... I am scared. I dread being alone, dread leaving him in St. Louis, and I dread leaving my children for days at a time. We will never know why we have been put in this situation, but, I can tell you that we have learned so much, so far. We have learned to love each other- in ways that we never have. And that, I am grateful for. I try to stay positive... Believe me! I do. I am ready for Daniel to be better. People who get to live normal lives, have no idea. When I go places, and see families, or daddy's with their children, it makes me sad, very sad. I want so badly, for Daniel to be able to go places, have the energy to care for his children, and be healthy. Beginning next Monday, Daniel will be in St. Louis for atleast two months. Please continue to keep our entire family in your prayers! Xoxo, Kristin 

No comments:

Post a Comment