Tuesday, August 2, 2011

{Counting Down the Hours...}

As I mentioned in my last post, the girls were in town for the past weekend. We (my mom, Ashlynn, Avery, and Mia) were at the hospital some, but for very short increments. You see, 3 children in a itty- bitty, intensive care hospital room equals complete chaos! There are far too many things for them to reek havoc on. Plus, their attention span only lasts so long. so, we had to figure out other ways to occupy them. 

Our weekend went something  like this:
Friday:
- a trip to Build A Bear (have I lost my mind?), dinner at PF Changs (love the place, but entertaining 3 children during dinner...), hospital, hotel, hospital
Saturday:
-flea  market. Funny story on this one. I heard that there was this fabulous flea market real close to the hospital. I love flea markets- I love vintage treasures, and all of the potentials that flea market goodies bring. Well, atleast, the flea markets that I frequent! When I asked one of the secretary's about this flea market... I got the answer " I could send you to the one in the "hood", but I wouldn't do that to you!". So, I plugged it into the GPS, because we all know, that chick will get you there, right? This flea market went a little something like this: "Our local flea market isn't so much a congregation of artists selling unique crafts but more a random collection of booths featuring knock-off sunglasses; tapestries of dogs playing poker or Jesus shaking hands with Elvis; 10-year-old Avon makeup stored in its original packaging, the cakey aged powder disguised with neon stickers that say "$2, never used." However, among the turquoise bolo ties and $5 Wolex watches." (coined phrase from a fabulous blogger- Kelle Hampton). It was seriously hot in that place! I should have taken the advice of the secretary.
-lunch, hospital, hotel, late night swim
Sunday:
- hospital, City Museum (the last time that I went there, Ashlynn was almost 3 years old, Avery was maybe 9 months, it was in the summer, crowded, hot, and I swore to myself, I would never go back! Guess what? I braved that place again. Everything that I remembered... Was so true. Anyway, the girls had fun. If you ask them their favorite part about the City Museum, they will tell you that it most definitely was the short guy (midget) driving the train. Seriously.... Anyway, I try really hard to teach my children to be good people, caring people, and nice to all walks of life, so this took a bit of explaining. 

~The fun to be had in St. Louis!!! I sure wish that I could upload pictures via the iPad- so funny!

As very short trip home yesterday for a dentist appointment. As it is always nice to sleep in your own bed... I don't enjoy it much, these days. It's so lonely without Daniel. I think about all of the single parents out there (some by choice, some not)-  who make things happen. Although, I'm not really a single mother, I am to an extent. I hope that you understand what I am saying. Daniel is a fine father. With him in the hospital, and very Ill,there are some things that he can't take care of, or help with. Making decisions on my own, doing housework (changing air conditioner filters), taking Ashlynn to 1st grade, by myself (next week, by the way), planning Mia's 1st birthday party, where, I know that he won't be present (still trying to figure out if it is even worth it, for mine and his own sake),  I could go on and one. But, what do I miss the most? The pillow talk, the whispers in bed... Him! Home, isn't the same without him there. 

Going into tomorrow... Geez, where do I begin. There are a lot of emotions. It seems like so long ago,  that brave man, called me from the emergency room, in a hospital bed, and told me that he had cancer. From about day 4 of our journey, we were told that with the aggressiveness of disease, a bone marrow transplant was needed. It was a matter of life or death. We chose life. Sure, it is scary- I am not going to lie. Am I still scared? You bet! August 3rd,  means new opportunities for Daniel, new opportunities for myself, and new opportunities for our family.  Believe me, we are very excited! With his new cells- there is a POSSIBILITY of a cure! I am so glad that there is such a caring person out there, to allow for this to happen. One day, I sure hope that we can meet Daniel's hero. 

Sure, for the next year, Daniel's life will be dramatically different. Another year of "light" chemo therapy treatments. A year full of doctors appointments, lab appointments. Atleast 4 more bone marrow biopsies, a pharmacy full of prescriptions... lots of precautions. We are ready. Daniel is ready. 

Enough rambling for the night. After 4.5 days of Daniel feeling miserable, he is finally feeling somewhat ok. So, I must attend to him! Tonight, I humbly ask for your prayers. Tomorrow, is a big day! We still have not been given an approximate hour that the transplant will occur. I wish I knew, badly. I most likely will update via Facebook, as soon as I am informed. As far as an update, via my blog, maybe tomorrow night, depending on circumstances...Thank you for reading along. Good night, y'all. XOXOKristin

1 comment:

  1. I have thought of y'all all day long. Praying that God will heal Daniel. I know Daniel is a champion of a man. Basking your entire family in prayer

    ReplyDelete