Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maybe, I'm a Little Crazy?

1. Daniel is: doing better than expected. We were told that yesterday and today, should have been horrible for him. He should feel like he has been hit by a train, literally. Guess what? These have been some of his best days, yet! Blood counts are near his ultimate low, thus meaning, sickness is lurching around the corner. The doctor said yesterday, that Daniel was looking at 10 more days in the hospital. Much shorter than originally anticipated. His extreme sickness from the awful chemo treatment, resulted in a 12 lbs loss (35 lbs total, from day one). His appetite is beginning to be closer to the new "normal". Eating, more. Daniel is beginning to develop "bird legs". Don't tell him I said that! He is continuing to keep up with his daily walking, including flights of stairs in his routine. 

2. I leave tomorrow afternoon, to head home. I am very much looking forward to being home with the children. I miss them terribly, this time around. Leaving Daniel, doesn't seem right, either. I have to get my "act" together. I am officially becoming a college student, again, on Monday. I am trying to figure out how to be the most efficient person, mom, student, etc. In my head, I am trying to figure out how I can really make it all work (Daniel, kids, school, gymnastics, supper, house, St. Louis, ....) Am I aware that I am completely crazy, okay? Please say an extra prayer for me!

3. I met my mother-in-law at the pediatricians office on Monday. Ashlynn has a staph infection on her leg.  Great news, right?

4. Speaking of Ashlynn... That girl starts first grade on Friday! I never thought that I would be walking her to her classroom, on the first day of school, alone. Sigh....

5. Taylor Swift concert on Saturday! I bought these tickets in February, before I knew that Daniel was sick. I am planning on bringing Ashlynn and Avery up to see their dad, before the concert. Thank you Ticketmaster! I originally had tickets for Sunday. They exchanged them for me, free of charge, and replaced them with tickets to the Saturday night concert. This will be Avery's first concert. It should be fun. 

6. There are still nice caring people in this world. I have always known that, but lately, I have been proven it. One, by donor #1107-0217-2, and the many nice people that I have met. Today, while walking to the post office, I met two ladies who invited me to eat lunch with them, indulge in conversation, and take a minute "breathe". The result- a new friend. She knows who she is. And, I want to extend a very special thank you, to her and her lovely mother.

And finally,

7. Thank you for continuing to follow along. I am so humbled every time that I log on and view the number of "hits" to this little blog and how many people express to  me that they are following our story. Thank you. XOXO Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment