Tuesday, August 30, 2011

To Give A Compliment...


When I think of my childhood, I think about the friends that I had through the years. I have always surrounded myself with a “circle” of friends. Sure, that “circle” has changed through the years, mostly, because I moved from Houston Texas, to Advance Missouri. But, my “circle” of friends, since about 1996, still remains the same as it did way back then. It seems like it shouldn’t be that long ago. Moving on to my college years, I lived at home with my mother. In college, I never really met many people outside of the crowd that happened to be in most of my classes. I wasn’t into the sorority thing. I pretty well, hung close to home. Never, did I ever, live away from home, until I got married. And, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Moving on to the present day. I can honestly say that the best friend, that I had in 1994, Stephanie, is still my best friend. If you were to type in “best” friend into an internet search engine, you should see a picture of this chick’s beautiful face. She truly defines “best” in my eyes. She was there for me, when I gave birth to each of my children, and genuinely, has a love for my children, as if they were her own. That is pretty important. However, I like to use “best” loosely because, I have many best friends… of all different ages and personalities. I feel that it is important to surround yourself with people who make you genuinely happy. My friends, make me happy. Most of them women. These ladies, have taught me how to be a friend, offered parenting advice, given me much wisdom and advice, been my travel partners, pushed me to do my very best, at everything, and most of all, each and every one of them, has been there for me when I needed them the most. To have your friends tell you that everything is going to be okay, when it seems that your world has completely fallen apart, means a lot!

Lately, I may not have been the best friend, that I can be. I blame it on life’s circumstances, and it isn’t an excuse. I know this. One thing that I have always strived for, is being a good friend.

Another thing that I strive for, is to be genuine to all people. I like to give everyone a chance. I want to see everyone excel at what they do. I like to offer any advice to them that I can, if they shall want to receive it. I like to compliment people, tell them what they are doing is great! I like to make people feel good about themselves. And, I honestly, think that I do a pretty darn good job at it.

To be on the receiving end, is usually not the scenario for me. Especially, when lately, I feel like I am constantly being criticized for not be the best wife, mother, etc. The list could really go on. Today, I was complimented. I am not going to say by who, or where, because it really is irrelevant. But that compliment, made a world of difference in the attitude that I have held towards myself, in the last few days. So, my challenge for you is to, give someone a compliment. You never know what their life circumstances are at the time, and you may never know the outcome of the compliment, but, know that it is worth every bit of energy that you put into it.

You all know, by now, that I always have to blog about something that is going on in my/ our lives. I positively, am sure that most only read this little blog for the updates on Daniel. Lack of time, has forced me to drastically cut back on my blogging. Truth be know, there hasn’t been much change, or I would have informed you some way, or another. So, here it goes. Daniel had an appointment on Monday, with his “team”. They really can’t offer much information, because, it is pretty early in the game. He is having a slight issue with his blood pressure being low. Last week, they were thinking that he may be slightly dehydrated, and so, they were providing him intravenous fluids. They decided to put him on a medication that would increase his blood pressure. It is assumed that this is likely due to the chemo, and current list of meds that he is taking. It is safe to say, that in given time, his blood pressure will return to normal. That is the hope. He is still fever- free, graft versus host, free… sigh. He had a bone marrow biopsy on Monday afternoon, and we should know the results of that, Friday. I am not sure what they expect to see. My guess is, that maybe, the donor’s cells will have engrafted. We are aware that because of him receiving actual marrow cells, that process, could take longer than normal. Actually, it could take a year to fully engraft. On a better note, if all of his lab work is good, blood pressure looks good, and he has no fevers, he should be cleared per physician’s orders, to come home for the weekend. You all have no idea how much he needs this. We need this.

We have a baby, who turns one next Wednesday. Whether he is home or not, some low-key celebration will occur. I am aware that no baby should turn one without a huge celebration. That, is in the works.

As for now, my motto for the week is “chin up, Kristin, chin up”. Good night. XOXO Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment