Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A First Birthday!

Mia turns one!

This morning I walked into her room, watched her as she flipped and flopped until she woke herself up. I watched her for a few minutes, thinking about how she was already one year old. I remember this day last year. I sat in her room, dreaming about the little soul that I was fixing to hold. Wondering what she would look like, how she would act, and dreaming about watching her in crib, as she slept. That, is the next best thing to heaven- in my eyes!

I picked her out of her crib, and she giggled. She is seriously, the happiest baby in the mornings! I like to describe her as “sweet as pie” (unless she is screaming- which, she is pretty good at). I tried to dress her, but she thinks that it is really funny to run from me. A far cry from the little 8 lbs, 3 oz baby girl that I was holding 365 days ago.

One year has passed, in the blink of an eye.

Sunday, we celebrated. We ate cake, drug balloons around the house, opened presents, adored SWEET Mia, really no different than any other day- except for the cake! You only turn one- Once!

Daniel left yesterday. It sure was nice to have him at home. Especially, since he felt rather good. It was an excellent weekend, had by all! After receiving wonderful news in regards to his bone marrow biopsy, the mood around the house, sure was a whole lot brighter. Most of y’all are aware, but for those who are not my friend via facebook, the news goes a little something like this: his biopsy indicated that he is disease free, and is 100% donor cells. The over achiever in me, aims for 100%, so this was good news. Other news, is that his platelet levels dropped, and liver enzymes increased. His physician, seems to think that this could be the Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) setting in. His meds have been adjusted to fight the GVHD. On another note, while that may seem like pitfall, it can also be a good thing. Having GVHD means that if there are any residual cells left in his marrow, the new cells will kill them off. It is good to have some GVHD, but you do not want too much of it.  We are hoping that he can catch another weekend home… this weekend.

There is much celebration waiting to take place. Until another day… XOXO Kristin Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment