Thursday, September 22, 2011

One More Week Down...


 Disclaimer: This post has been written on what I would describe as one of my worst days- not the worst, but one of the worst.

Fall begins tomorrow! I absolutely love fall. It is my most absolute, favorite time of the year. Fall screams kids playing outside, wonderful smells outside and inside, family, love, because, the holidays are right around the corner. Labor Day usually signifies the right to break out the pumpkins and the fall décor. You know what? I have not a pumpkin in sight. Not a one! I literally, have been so wrapped up in school, that I have not even thought about one measly pumpkin. Hopefully, this weekend brings some change at the Presley house.

Mia turned one several weeks ago. I have had her party invitations and décor since- mid August. Her birthday party is next weekend and I have yet to fill out one invitation. Hoping that I can make that happen tonight.

School… where do I begin, without getting frustrated? I have met a lot of great people in school. They are good people. People that make you feel good, when you feel like “crap”. This week has been physically and emotionally exhausting. Two exams, one extremely important clinic check-off… I am so ready to end this day! While I am striving to be a good student, there are several other things constantly running through my head. With all of the studying and extra time spent in the lab, the truth in the matter is that I feel like there is so much that I am missing out on- especially, with my children.  It’s the everyday things that I struggle with. The little things… that make up the BIG things.  There is only me, and I can only stretch myself so far.

Each week, I see myself  getting more tired, not so happy all of the time. I know that I have so much to be thankful for, and that at the moment, I am probably being irrational. Hoping that next week, brings happiness back into my life- just sayin!

Please do not think that I am a negative, depressed person, because I am not. I see the world as a beautiful thing and I see things very differently. It has been an entirely long week…

You know last week my blog entry stated that is most certainly, looked like Daniel would still be residing in St.Louis for the time being. Well, that is exactly what is going to happen! No end in sight! His laboratory values (liver) are still slowly coming down. Not nearly at the pace that they are hoping for. Bi-weekly, Daniel will be having a pint of blood drawn off of him, until the numbers are at a good value. Besides that issue, he seems to be doing very good. No fevers.  He has developed a skin rash. This could be due to one of two scenarios: 1. Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD), or a reaction to the antibiotic that he was placed on for his cough. He will see the Nurse Practitioner in the morning. He was supposed to be home the entire weekend and part of the week.  

Thanks for letting me rationalize with you guys! Please keep following, as I do make this one of my “weekly” assignments! XOXO Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment