Thursday, November 3, 2011

To Be Thankful


While sharing lunch with some fellow classmates today, there was discussion about my sweet little blog. I am amazed daily at the number of folks who say, “ I wait weekly to see a new blog post”, or “I love reading your blog”. It makes my heart melt just thinking about it. I thoroughly enjoy writing (about stuff that I want to), and really, I only started this blog to keep folks in tune with Daniel. Several folks have mentioned to me that I should print my blogs off. Maybe some day I will do that. The truth is, once I hit the “post” button, I never read the entries again. I will someday, I promise. 

 So, the one thing that I have vowed to myself… Is that I would be completely truthful.

This is my reality. This is our reality. And, as hard as it seems at times… it is the truth. 

With that being said. I have had some extra time to visit Facebook tonight. And, I can’t help but notice how many of my fellow friends are posting about things that they are “Thankful” for. I wish that I could devote a few minutes to every single day to post something that I am thankful for- but, right now, it simply isn’t possible. So, here are a few of the things that I am thankful for, in no particular order:
- The year 2011: it has truly grounded me. Humbled me
- My husband: the one and only person who has always believed in me
- My beautiful girls: for giving me a reason to get out of bed daily
- Family
- Being a Momma: I am learning to not look into the future, but to enjoy the moments before me
- My friends: who truly “get” me. Who knew that a few years down the road, these “friends” would help me cope, when I couldn’t cope on my own. These friends have stuck by my side, when my world had been completely rocked.
- New friends: I have some “newly-found” friends who have offered a whole new meaning to life. These friendships… have been gained in the last few months. And for the record, they will be forever be my friends! 
And finally,
- Being able to trust in God’s plan

If I have learned one thing this year, it is this: Find something that defines you. What defines me? Cancer. While I would never say that I absolutely love cancer- because I don’t. As a matter of fact… I really dislike it. Cancer defines me. I have truly grasped an actual realization into my life because of it. It has given me the determination to do so many things. Determination that I have never once had. I hope that one-day, something else defines me. I encourage you to find something that defines you.

On to other things. Yesterday, Daniel had an exhausting day of appointments. Nothing new. The Nurse Practitioner did state mention to him that she thought there was no reason that his bone marrow biopsy would come back “clean”, which essentially means cancer free. On another note, his blood glucose was extremely high- to the point of; I do not know how he was functioning high. He was diagnosed with Steroid Induced Diabetes. As of right now, he is insulin dependent. However, we are trying to help control this with dietary modifications. It is very likely that when he discontinues the steroids, the blood glucose levels will level out. As we learn more in the next week, I will let you faithful readers know of the results and plans of action. 

Until then, enjoy the rest of the week and weekend. Take advantage of Daylight Savings Time on Saturday. I plan on it! XOXO Kristin



1 comment:

  1. You are truly a blessing to so many! God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete