Thursday, November 17, 2011

Let the Madness Begin


This little blog started seven months ago.

With no anticipation that it would last this long.

But you followed in the beginning to find out what exactly was going on with Daniel. Now, I relate more of my writing to family stuff. Never forgetting to add in a little bit of information about Daniel. And you still follow.

I am always amazed at the number of times that this blog has been looked at. I am amazed at the number of people who say “I follow your story on Facebook, or your blog”. I am amazed at the number of people who follow me around the world- yes, around the world. I have friends in more countries than I ever dreamed of.

I may not know them personally… but they know me, they know us, and that is astounding.

It amazes me that some people tell me that I have reached them. Encouraged them. People that tell me that the world really isn’t that big. And at some points in our life we will experience joy and we will experience horrible things. But that you aren’t alone- ever. EVER.

I have put it all out there. My stumbling’s, the many imperfections that I have.

I know that I do a lot of things right, and for that, I am very proud.

Honestly, I have always been a private person. One that really never opened up.  This blog has offered an opportunity for me to talk about my feelings. It is the voice behind me. There are many times where my mouth would open and nothing would come out- simply because I just couldn’t make it happen.

Thank you for being there. For listening. Even when my words are boring.. Thank you for checking in.

Thank you for cheering on. Because at times… it would have been very easy to give up. I’m not a quitter, but there were instances where running from my problems really would have been the easiest thing to do.

Thank you for pushing me… telling me that YES- I could do it.  I am forever grateful of the friends and followers that I have. I am truly blessed and I know it.

After all, this IS about life attempted.

Life has a way, doesn’t it?

I know that I have not blogged in some time. Bare with me friends. I am winding down a very active semester. Cheers to that. Let the holiday madness begin. This is the time of the year where my OCD personality kicks in.  We kick the madness off with Christmas pictures tomorrow afternoon. Every year, I strive to create the perfect Christmas card. This year will be no different than any other.

No real new with Daniel. His bone marrow biopsy came back disease-free. He was able to return to his regimen of the drug that controls the Philadelphia chromosome. His platelets are still low. It is anticipated that there will be an increase in that number in the weeks following. He is controlling the diabetes issue with insulin. Since his immunosupressants are continually being lowered, he is requiring less insulin daily. It is funny. He graduated to bi-weekly appointments in St. Louis. Things seem to be working for him.

Looking forward to a few days off next week.  May you all have a blessed week and weekend. XOXO Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment