Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cheers to November


Let’s get one thing out of the way- please forgive me for not blogging last week. And please forgive me when I say that I am not sure that I want to continue blogging. I sometimes feel like I have nothing to say. Sometimes, I have a hard time starting. But, when it comes down to it, I am not sure I want to end it. So here it goes…

Last week was pretty intense. Daniel was home the entire week for the first time in a long time. Which was nice- extremely nice. Plus, it just so happened that he celebrated a very special birthday on Thursday- his 30th! Which only means one thing- a surprise party! School added to the mix-, which always tends to make for an interesting week.

Speaking of school… can you believe that I enrolled in my 2nd semester of classes today? Whew… this semester seriously flew by. You see, I look at nursing school this way: 1 of 4 semesters is almost complete! I finish up my last skills lab of the semester on Thursday. It is kind of a bittersweet thing. More sweet than bitter! I am sure that my fellow classmates can slightly agree.

As I have mentioned before, Halloween, the fall… these are just a few of my favorite things. This year, I sort of dreaded Halloween. Mainly, because I thought that it would be the girls and I. Four of us, not five, because I was sure that Daniel would still be in St. Louis. As it turned out, he was home. Ashlynn was a socialite, Avery not far behind, and Mia, a little heavy on top, clumsy and not wanting to listen to me at all- that is how she rolls. Our Halloween was cut short, due to the quickness that the cold temperatures set in, and the gathering of folks that Daniel most definitely, had no reason to be around (he is still on the immunosuppressant’s). Being in crowds make me nervous. But, what can you do? I can’t keep him in shelter all of the time. It wouldn’t be good for his spirits!

Tomorrow, Daniel heads to St. Louis for some tests. He will be getting labs done,  seeing the Nurse Practitioner, having a pint of blood drawn off of him, and having a bone marrow biopsy… So please keep him in your thoughts as you go about your day. He follows up with Dr. DiPersio on Monday. By then, we should know some preliminary results of the biopsy- not all of them, but some. I am more nervous about this biopsy than I have been about any other. I have no real reason to be. My stomach turns, my shoulders tighten. STAY TUNED. Next week, we will begin to plot our next moves.

We hope. We pray.

Thank you. Each and every one of you.. XOXO Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment