Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Blogging from the couch tonight, via the iPad. So, with that being said, I am apologizing now, for the grammatical errors that will occur in this st. I knew you guys would understand! We have been soaking up "daddy" being home these last few days. There is so much fun to be had with him around. There are not enough hours in the day to thoroughly enjoy him, the way that we want too. His spirits are so good right now- unbelievable! He has told me, over and over, "I don't feel sick". He really looks good. For those who have gotten the chance to take a peek- wouldn't you agree?

Today, we mad our first trip to the clinic at Barnes. Before we left the hospital, there were a whole gamut of recommendations that were given to us. These recommendations included: what foods to avoid, what places to avoid, not get out in the heat, and avoid sick people. So, clinic was interesting. It was packed full of people, some well, some coughing, sneezing- yeah it was wonderful. We stood in the corner, like a couple of fools. I told Daniel that I would rather play it safe and that we would never see these folks again. 1.25 hours after our original appointment date, we were in the room awaiting a bone marrow biopsy- the 4th since April 30, 2011! Daniel is becoming quite the pro, these days. We had heard that those people in clinic- they have bone marrow biopsy skills. Daniel too, agrees that they give an awesome bone marrow. Hard to imagine, right? It always makes the situation a little easier, when i see that he isn't in pain. Anyhow, results next week, when we see the "godfather" physician. Seriously, you google him, and that is what you find out about him. It's a pretty good feeling that we have one of the best doctors in the nation!

Back to us, week, we have a PARTY this weekend. I am ashamed that i have not put the effort into this party that I normally do. We have t-balled it up, too. Daniel actually got to watch Ashlynn's t-ball game from the car. I think he enjoyed it. Another thing that we have been doing- getting this house in order. Since i really haven't been home, there has been so much to do- ughh! Packed Winter clothes away, grocery shopped, suitcases of clothes put away, doctors appointments- baby check-ups, ... Anything else to consume me. Enjoying sleeping. When we are at the hospital, I don't sleep, when i am home and he is at the hospital, i don't sleep. Having my whole family here, at our home... I sleep, and it feels so good! Much love to everyone of our friends, family, and everyone who has sent their prayers. Please keep them coming. For now, I'm going to get back to the CMT awards and these kids, that are begging to be loved on. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment