Thursday, August 22, 2013

Who YOU Are!

I have been blogging for a little over 2 years now. I don't know if you've noticed, but this little blog has been viewed nearly 56,000 times! That's crazy! But, for 2 years, y'all have gotten to know me, you have followed the Presley family through crazy times, even when times weren't so great. This blog began almost immediately following a cancer diagnosis that ripped our family apart. Y'all followed daily, not really knowing if it were a good day, or a bad day with Daniel. About a year ago, I contemplated continuing to blog. Daniel's health was continually improving... And it seems life got down right crazy!

One night, I went back and read my entries from the very start, and I quickly realized that there was so much that I had forgotten. That's when I decided to continue writing. Mainly for my children- the blog serves as a reminder of how cancer affected us. And so I arrive here today. Even more glad that I blogged (I will get to that point shortly).

For 2 years you've gotten to know me well. Often, I wonder who YOU are... Because, I see the states and countries from which my blog is read. And, every so often, I get a email indicating how the blog has touched them. And, I would love to share them with the rest of my readers. However, out if respect, I tuck them safely away, reaching for them when I need a few words of encouragement.


My stumblings and failures and imperfections … AND my strengths – I put each and every one of them out there. It started for the kids but somewhere along the way YOU started to read, too.
And you looked the other way when I made mistakes, knowing that somehow, somewhere, I would figure it out.
And you cheered me on when I finally did.
And you forgave me when I was incapable of responding to your kindness and you understood when I didn’t leave my house for months on end except when I had to take the kids to school. Or for food.
And I often think about just how afraid I was. How sad and scared and how I was incapable of holding conversations. 
All the times I would look at people and watch their mouths move and didn’t hear a word that was coming out.
How I could see the love, or sadness, or empathy in their eyes but I couldn’t feel anything at all.
You were still there!

This week, I could not have been more proud that I blogged. A new follower of mine just happens to be Daniel's donor. For now, we shall call him " D" out of respect. A man, who is so incredible. Because I never remember details... I'm so glad that he can read every entry to see how much he impacted our life! I truly look forward to sharing more about him... He is an amazing, kind hearted  man with a very interesting story!

And so the purpose of this blog becomes even more clear to me. I'm even more thankful tonight for each of you being there, for checking in, and simply... Keeping it real! It's about the Presley's in this moment... Isn't it?

Xoxo Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment