Sunday, June 17, 2012

For the Father of My Precious Girls...


Thoughts about Daniel:
I sure wish that I could find the perfect words to describe what kind of a father he is. But the truth is… I cant! He has such a tender heart for the three little souls that he created. Words can not describe what it is like for me- to witness the magical connection that he has with his girls!

It is really hard to write what I think means for him to be a father. Because speaking about Daniel as a the title of father is almost a language of its own. There is nothing like it. If you have never seen him with his girls- you wouldn’t have the full picture. Daniel was extremely blessed with the daddy gene. I know that deep down, he yearned for a little boy. However, there were very different plans for him! Early on, I will never forget the fact that he instinctively knew how to cradle a baby with his bare hands, how to calm a crying baby back to sleep in the middle of the night, and until recently, nurture a feverish child, BUT, nothing compares to his ability to heal his little girls’ broken hearts. He has a way! I am truly a lucky gal, because he is every bit a part of the girls lives as I am. It is teamwork.

I am pretty sure that the three souls that call him Daddy- know how special he is!

I knew that Daniel was a pretty special person long before he became a daddy. But, I am telling you… I witnessed a whole new kind of magic when we found out that I was pregnant with Ashlynn. How, she wasn’t really in our plans yet, but we were thrown a big ole’ curve ball in 2005- but, he was the one who’e eyes filled with great big ole tears and was excited while saying “It will all be fine”, knowing that he was in it for the long run, and that his heart would soon stretch deeper and stronger in a short matter of time. From the first ultrasound, to him spending hours fumbling through instructions while putting the first crib together for his first baby girl which would eventually peacefully sleep all three of his little girls. We all know that he isn’t the most patient when it comes to that kind of stuff- but, its pure magic!

I am so thankful for the journey that we have stumbled upon together. Getting to share it with him- well, I wouldn’t want it any other way! You definitely were made to be a father and I am so glad that you are the father of my children These girls will forever remember your legacy for loving them, molding them into the young girls that they have become and women that one day, sooner than later, they will become, and for always telling them how much you love them.

Happy Father’s Day Daniel! Thank you for being the best father any wife could ever ask for. I know that you will continue to be an amazing father for many years ahead. Most of all-  Thank you for teaching me that life goes on!

Happy Fathers Day to all of the Daddy’s out there.

Some one is turning 7 around here next week- more on that later!
XOXO Kristin

1 comment: